How to Build a Ground Plane antenna for VHF HAM band
VHF/UHF Quad Antenna The information in this article has come from many amateur sources, the most notable was from WA6TEY (sk 1985) Ray Frost, who was a pioneer of VHF Quad designs and one of the best Southern California Transmitter Hunters of the 1980’s. Ray built hundreds two meter quads in single and paired configurations as well as his famous mobile radio direction finding quad. At Ray... Build a portable VHF yagi antenna for 2 meters. All you need is two rabbit ear antennas from Radio Shack, two CATV baluns, four feet of 3/4 CPVC pipe with one tee.
impedance Why do I need to tune an antenna? - Amateur
A System Admin by profession, is a tech buff and a licensed Amateur Radio operator with callsign VU3DES. He is interested in Technology, Amateur radio, Electronics home-brewing, FOSS, Photography and everything tech.... To Magazine Home Page. Installing A VHF Radio. By Lenny Rudow. It's one of the projects boaters most often want to accomplish. Here's how to plan it, assemble the tools and materials, and do it.
How to build a cheap VHF antenna? Ars Technica OpenForum
How To Build A Foxhole Radio Radio making runs in my family. My Grandpa Charlie made his own radios in the and during the war as well. In fact, in a recent email, he mentioned that they . My Grandpa Charlie made his own radios in the and during the war as well.... Quarter Wave Dual Band VHF/UHF Ham Radio Antenna: A Simple & Cheap Dual band antenna will save you having two different antennas for UHF and VHF. Abdul Razzak. Ham radio. See more What others are saying "The American Radio Relay League (ARRL) is the national association for amateur radio, connecting hams around the U." "A Simple & Cheap Dual band antenna will save you having …
Build A Simple VHF/UHF Scanner Antenna HAM RADIO
The two major decisions you'll have to make are regarding the length of the antenna and its gain. Length When it comes to antennas, size matters. The higher your antenna is above the water, the greater the distance you'll achieve. The VHF radio wave travels in a straight line. This is called line-of-sight. Your antenna has to be able to "see" the other antenna. Because of the curvature of the... Again, the sample antenna specification from the manufacturer shows that over the entire VHF radio band, the VSWR can be as high as 2.0:1 simply due to the differnt frequencies used by the radio. During installation, if the coax cable was deformed, pinched, or abused, or the connector was installed improperly, the result can be an impedance variance, which can also increase the SWR ratio.
How To Make A Vhf Radio Antenna
How to Extend Your Radio's Range Boating Magazine
- 10 Cool VHF Portable Antennas You Can Make At Home
- Antenna for 2 meters The DXZone Amateur-Radio Guide
- impedance Why do I need to tune an antenna? - Amateur
- VHF TV ANTENNA TESTING YouTube
How To Make A Vhf Radio Antenna
Antenna and Cable Cure: If you can make contact only with nearby boats, you may have an antenna or cable problem. Keep a backup antenna stowed on board as insurance. A short sailboat antenna will do with an appropriate length of coaxial cable. You can temporarily secure the antenna to a side rail with tape or an antenna rail mount to get you operational.
- This is actually optional, since you can use a TV antenna or FM radio antenna by connecting our radio to one of the lead-in wires. But it's fun to throw your own wire up over a tree or on top of a house, and it makes the radio a little more portable. . A block of wood or something similar for a base
- VHF/UHF Quad Antenna The information in this article has come from many amateur sources, the most notable was from WA6TEY (sk 1985) Ray Frost, who was a pioneer of VHF Quad designs and one of the best Southern California Transmitter Hunters of the 1980’s. Ray built hundreds two meter quads in single and paired configurations as well as his famous mobile radio direction finding quad. At Ray
- The VHF radio, is your vessel is so equipped, is a safety device and also a federal requirement to monitor when underway. Cutting corners like this on your VHF connections can be a costly, or even potentially deadly mistake.
- 26/08/2012 · I have two antennas on my boat - a 27MHz one and a VHF one. I'll have the new VHF radio operating with the VHF antenna, will remove the 27MHz radio completely (anyone want to buy it?) and leave the old VHF radio installed but operate it with the 27MHz antenna as an experiment.
You can find us here:
- Australian Capital Territory: Brisbane ACT, Phillip ACT, Narrabundah ACT, Fadden ACT, Kaleen ACT, ACT Australia 2697
- New South Wales: Fingal Bay NSW, Mannering Park NSW, Camden Head NSW, Chiswick NSW, St Ives NSW, NSW Australia 2016
- Northern Territory: Maningrida NT, Kilgariff NT, Barkly Homestead NT, Mcarthur NT, Freds Pass NT, Wagaman NT, NT Australia 0824
- Queensland: Earlville QLD, Coombabah QLD, Gleneagle QLD, Thuringowa QLD, QLD Australia 4022
- South Australia: Hindmarsh Island SA, Yatala Vale SA, McBean Pound SA, New Well SA, Poochera SA, Ward Hill SA, SA Australia 5093
- Tasmania: Glendevie TAS, Nowhere Else TAS, Montumana TAS, TAS Australia 7016
- Victoria: Tyers VIC, Spotswood VIC, Yangery VIC, Princes Hill VIC, Strathmore Heights VIC, VIC Australia 3007
- Western Australia: Wellstead WA, Shepparton WA, Beaconsfield WA, WA Australia 6055
- British Columbia: New Denver BC, Radium Hot Springs BC, White Rock BC, Gold River BC, Sidney BC, BC Canada, V8W 9W4
- Yukon: Tagish YT, West Dawson YT, Jensen Creek YT, Canyon YT, Forty Mile YT, YT Canada, Y1A 4C7
- Alberta: Lamont AB, Nampa AB, Alberta Beach AB, Spring Lake AB, Daysland AB, Castor AB, AB Canada, T5K 5J7
- Northwest Territories: Fort Simpson NT, Gameti NT, Colville Lake NT, Fort Liard NT, NT Canada, X1A 6L6
- Saskatchewan: Beechy SK, Milden SK, Mortlach SK, Avonlea SK, Wawota SK, Neville SK, SK Canada, S4P 8C7
- Manitoba: Glenboro MB, Altona MB, Plum Coulee MB, MB Canada, R3B 9P3
- Quebec: Saint-Lin-Laurentides QC, Forestville QC, Saint-Basile-le-Grand QC, Mont-Laurier QC, Sainte-Marie QC, QC Canada, H2Y 2W8
- New Brunswick: Rothesay NB, Lameque NB, Grande-Anse NB, NB Canada, E3B 4H4
- Nova Scotia: Mulgrave NS, Lunenburg NS, Bridgewater NS, NS Canada, B3J 3S5
- Prince Edward Island: Miminegash PE, Cardigan PE, Mount Stewart PE, PE Canada, C1A 1N3
- Newfoundland and Labrador: Norris Arm NL, Pouch Cove NL, Traytown NL, Lushes Bight-Beaumont-Beaumont North NL, NL Canada, A1B 4J7
- Ontario: Basingstoke ON, Lambton ON, Rothwell's Shore ON, Greenway, Harburn ON, Shrigley ON, Maitland, United Counties of Leeds and Grenville ON, ON Canada, M7A 9L7
- Nunavut: Amadjuak NU, Umingmaktok NU, NU Canada, X0A 1H6
- England: Brighton and Hove ENG, Welwyn Garden City ENG, Folkestone ENG, Carlisle ENG, Littlehampton ENG, ENG United Kingdom W1U 1A5
- Northern Ireland: Newtownabbey NIR, Newtownabbey NIR, Belfast NIR, Bangor NIR, Newtownabbey NIR, NIR United Kingdom BT2 2H2
- Scotland: Cumbernauld SCO, Cumbernauld SCO, Aberdeen SCO, Livingston SCO, Livingston SCO, SCO United Kingdom EH10 9B6
- Wales: Swansea WAL, Wrexham WAL, Wrexham WAL, Swansea WAL, Wrexham WAL, WAL United Kingdom CF24 3D9